“When are you starting to plan your wedding?!”…. “Are we invited?”… “Have you picked your wedding date yet? NO? Oh… well you better get on that.” These types of questions are bound to pop up in the subsequent months prior to an engagement. Yes, they are inquisitive and somewhat mindless, but they are also reasonable (unless they’re being asked weeks after the proposal). These questions are also guaranteed to cause some degree of anxiety, uncertainty and pressure for the newly engaged couple. “No, I haven’t chosen a date yet… Is that bad? Should we worry if there’s going to be any venues left? Is 14 months in advance too late to book a venue?” Absolutely not. But, it really is never too early to look, inquire and request quotes from any vendor in the wedding industry you have a keen eye on hiring.
Hiring the best vendors is probably the single most important part of the wedding planning process. It is essential that you are supported by the most competent, trustworthy, hard-working and dedicated team members on one of the most important days of your life. The level of anticipation and excitement that is built up in the months leading up to your wedding day creates high expectations. For this reason, having the best of the best in the wedding industry is imperative to having a flawlessly executed day that you and your fiancé remember forever.
For this reason alone, hiring a wedding planner is the best starting point to get the ball rolling on the wedding planning process after your engagement. Wedding planners have the inside scoop, experience and insight on not only the best wedding vendors in the city, but the vendors that will best suit you and your fiancé’s personalities, wedding vision & tastes. Amongst other countless reasons we are about to mention, hiring a wedding planner will be the best decision you make (the best one of course was you saying “YES”)!
- You Deserve to Have Someone Help You: Yes, your fiancé is there to help with decisions, and yes your family & friends are eager to lend a hand in any way, but you deserve an industry professional who knows the business to give you the insight and advice only an insider would know.
- Your Wedding Day Should be Perfect: The big day should be the closest thing to perfect as possible. Of course, there is the possibility for hick-ups, but when they occur, a wedding planner is likely to have encountered them before, and problem solve on the spot with little to minimal stress on anyone else. To be honest, there shouldn’t be communication about the problem to the bride & groom until after it’s solved. Every bride and groom deserves to have a perfect day that is to celebrate their love, have the support of family & friends around them, and celebrate in class with beauty all around them.
- You Don’t Know How to Start Budgeting and Aren’t Sure About What to Spend On What: Budget allocating is a vital part in the initial stages of wedding planning, as it sets in motion the remainder of the decisions in all aspects of the planning. Setting a budget and knowing how much to spend on each element of the wedding is a tough job, and often times couples end up going over budget because they didn’t allocate the correct amount to a specific vendor.
- You Enjoy a bit of Internet Research But You Can’t Choose Your Vendors: As I mentioned before, there are so many options for photographers, florists, stationers, venues, catering companies, videographers, etc. Having the experience of a wedding planner on your side helps narrow down the list according to your budget and tastes, and you are guaranteed in having a trustworthy and dedicated individual that you can count on.
- You and Your Fiancé Have Full Time Jobs (or are students): Juggling a full time job and full-time wedding planning can be emotionally and physically tiring. Wedding planning takes a lot of time, so having a wedding planner holding some of the responsibilities will make your stress load a whole lot lighter.
- You Need Help Making Your Vision Come to Life: A wedding planner is a designer as well as a coordinator. They are taught and trained to listen to your ideas, vision and style and translate that into a beautiful design & decor proposal that is everything you’ve ever dreamed of. A wedding planner will take every detail you give them (season preference, favourite colours, hobbies, memories) and incorporate that into a wedding design that is bespoke, personal and caters to your individuality.
- To Manage the Stress on Your Wedding Day: Having a day-of coordination program with your wedding planning will ease your stress and worries and ensure your day unfolds effortlessly. Managing your vendors, assisting with timeline creation, ceremony/cocktail and reception set-up as well as tear-down is a big job, one that is unrealistic for the bride, groom, bridal party or any guest. It should be left in the hands of a professional, someone who has experience and will take care of the details for you.
- To Support You and Share Your Wedding Day: At Julianne Young Weddings, we are passionate about our jobs. We love weddings and we love love. Having our clients bestow the honour of assisting them with their special day is an unimaginable privilege, and we adore getting to know our clients over the months and see their ideas blossom into a perfectly executed wedding day and nothing gives us greater pleasure in seeing their happiness as they embark on the new journey together as husband and wife.
- You Want Your Wedding Day to Run Smoothly & Effortlessly: When you hire a wedding planner, we create timelines & help manage the logistics of creating perfectly produced events. We delve into the infinite details of how your day should and ultimately will run by allocating each vendor arrival, each specific event and overestimating the flow of the day, so there’s plenty of room for time setbacks. Being organized on the wedding day will guarantee everyone knows where they’re supposed to be, that everything gets done and happens on time.
- You Want to Love Your Wedding For Years to Come: The JYW “look” is known for being elegant, timeless and classy. Our couples know we will create a wedding they will love for years to come rather than designing based on the current trends alone.
- You Need A Trustworthy & Experienced Individual Who Will Vouch For You Always: We are built on a foundation of professionalism and ethical practices. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality and value possible. Amazing customer service for good people, from good people. We have a tried & trusted wedding planning process that does not miss a single detail. We can organize the pieces of information that are involved with planning a wedding with confidence & ease.
All in all, a wedding planner is an ultimate source for all uncertainties of wedding planning. Hiring vendors, allocating budgets, style and decor proposals and day-of coordination are invaluable services that will assist in creating the most beautifully wedding day for you and your fiancé. The only thing you should concern yourself with is a killer wedding gown, classic makeup and a fabulous pair of wedding shoes that you can keep & wear that reminds you of the perfect day that was.