Creating the perfect “Will You Be My Bridesmaid” gift box should be a fun and interactive way to gain wedding excitement momentum and to experiment with wedding DIY and creativity. That, and of course personalizing each box to reflect the friends that will be giving you the support and love you need on your special day will be super rewarding.
With countless ideas that range from simple cards to bottles of wine, we love the simplicity and class of creating a personalized box filled with fun and functional items that reflect each lovely lady you’ll have with you on your wedding day.
- It all starts with a gift box!
Or a gift bag! Have your wedding colours picked already? What about your wedding theme? If so, use these colours & ideas as inspiration for your wedding boxes. Pick colours in the same colour scheme as wedding details but mix it up and play with textures. I think that presentation is everything, so be creative.
- Add filler! Available at most craft stores, paper shred pulls the interior of the box together, and adds some protective cushioning for your goodies!
- Pick your contents! Include diverse objects that are both fun and functional. Mini bottles of champagne, luxurious soup, candles, gift cards for a pedicure or manicure, personalized cookies, candies & assorted sweet treats, jewelry, trinket boxes, getting ready robes, nail polish, interactive greeting cards or mini journals are all bound to prove useful. Having a destination beach wedding? Include seashells. Winter wedding? Include cute mittens or a chic toque. It’s all about personalization.
Can you ever go wrong with a bottle of classic champagne? We don’t think so! Nothing says celebration more than an iconic cork pop off a bottle of Veuve.
Candles are perfect for relaxation and ambience. It’s the perfect gift that says “relax and enjoy”.
Personalized cookies are fun and unexpected. Sugar Shimmer in Calgary provides unbelievable edible art that has so much detail in each cookie, you’ll want to hold back on taking a bite!
Getting ready robes are a classic bridesmaid gift. They’ll look amazing in morning-of wedding day photography while all the maids and the bride are getting ready. They’ll have it for years to come too!
I adore these small trinket boxes in the shapes of the delightful French desserts. Sure, they don’t hold much, but they’re perfect for traveling and holding a pair of diamond studs. They’re also adorable on top of your vanity. They’re available at Chintz in Calgary, or online.
Sugarfina, the sinfully delicious candy store strategically positioned in the middle of Nordstrom Calgary offers the best candy I’ve ever had. Their sugar lips, champagne gummy bears and birthday cake caramels are unbelievable. Every girl will squeal with delight with a presentation of these beauties.
4. Tie it all with a big beautiful ribbon. You will probably never meet a bigger ribbon fan than myself. But my ribbon crush will always be a thick (1.5″ at least) silk ribbon in a neutral shade. The wider the thickness, the more control you have and the more voluminous your bow will be- which is a good thing!
5. Personalized touches. Add flair with a thank you gift tag, origami flower or a real flower tucked under the ribbon to pull everything together. Presentation is everything and adding a special inclusion on the exterior will make your gift stand out.
Something that you should consider while preparing these sentimental keepsakes is that it’s not always about the bride. Making others feel special in this time of excitement and (sometimes) chaotic time will make the whole day even more special. Enjoy pampering your bridesmaids, and let this be just one token of your appreciation for them helping you on one of the most important days of your life.
Feature image: Alan Maudie Photography. Amborella Floral Studio bouquets. Venue at The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.